Ready-made pizza dough simplifies the pizza-making process. Buy the dough from your local supermarket, ready for you to press out into a crust for the pizza. The ready-made dough eliminates the time and mess of making the dough yourself, which means you can throw a pizza together in about 10 minutes and have it ready for dinner in less than 20 minutes.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Non-stick baking tray
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) cornmeal
- 310 g (11 oz) ready-made thin pizza crust
- 225 g (8 oz) pizza sauce
- 115 g (4 oz) mozzarella cheese
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 205 degrees C (400F). Grease the non-stick baking tray with butter. Sprinkle the cornmeal over the buttered baking tray.
Unroll the pizza dough. Start pressing the dough out to the sides from the middle.
Use the pizza sauce to coat the dough. Pour the pizza sauce on the dough and use a wooden spoon to spread it out to the sides. The sauce should stop 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) from the edge of the pizza dough. Use a light, feathering motion to spread the sauce so it is equally distributed over the dough.
Pinch off penny size pieces of sausage and place around the pizza, starting on the outside and working your way into the centre of the crust. Sprinkle diced onion over the pizza crust. Sprinkle diced green pepper over the crust.
Shred the mozzarella cheese for the pizza. If you want a cheesy pizza, use more mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the cheese on the pizza sauce. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella cheese.
Spread mushrooms over the top of the cheese.
Place the pepperoni slices down on top of the cheese, starting on the outer edge of the crust and working your way into the centre.
Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for eight to 12 minutes or until the cheese and bottom of the crust is golden.
Tips and warnings
- Other ingredients can be added, and ingredients can be left out, when making the pizza.
- Pepperoni always goes on top of the cheese. Sausage always goes under the cheese.
- You can use a mixture of half mozzarella cheese and half mild cheddar cheese as a variation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for