The Tickle Me Elmo doll has interactive spots on his chin, tummy and toe. When children tickle Elmo on any of these spots, he laughs, slaps his leg twice, falls down into a sitting position and rocks himself back to a standing position while continuing to laugh. When tickled a second time, he repeats the pattern, sits down, falls backward onto his back, starts kicking his feet and laughs even harder. Batteries power all of this action and they must be replaced periodically.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Six AA alkaline batteries
- Two AAA alkaline batteries
- Phillips head screwdriver
Open the door to the battery compartments on the bottom of Elmo's feet with a Phillips head screwdriver. Remove the old batteries.
Place the AA batteries in the battery compartments according to the polarity indicators designated by a (+) and (-) sign.
Replace the battery compartment covers. Replace the screws. Set the "On/off" switch on the bottom of Elmo's right foot to "On."
Slide the back cover off the activation box. Install the two AAA batteries in the compartment. Place the batteries in the compartment according to the polarity indicators inside the case.
Tips and warnings
- Always turn the switch to "Off" when you're not playing with Elmo. Remove the batteries if you know the toy will not be used for more than 30 days.
- Do not use rechargeable batteries. They deliver a lower voltage and the toy will not work properly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for