Most television sets come with one coaxial cable input. In order to connect multiple devices to a television that require a coaxial cable, a coaxial signal splitter is needed. This allows all devices to be connected to the television, via a TV antenna, at the same time.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Coaxial signal splitter
- Coaxial cable
- TV antenna
Disconnect all devices connected to the television's coaxial input.
Connect the coaxial cable to the splitter going to the television.
Connect the other end of the coaxial cable to the coaxial input on the television.
Connect the television antenna's coaxial cable to an input on the splitter.
Connect any devices to inputs on the splitter.
Press the button on the splitter that corresponds to the input of the device you want to use at a time.
Tips and warnings
- Wear safety and protective equipment when working with electrical items.
- Signal splitters can reduce signal strength. If you have more than four television outlets connected to your antenna system, a distribution amplifier will be needed to improve the picture quality that has been degraded.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for