Unlocking your cell phone enables you to remove SIM card restrictions, allowing you to install a new SIM card and switch service providers without having to lose your current hand set. You can unlock your Nokia 6233 phone using an online service that offers free Nokia phone unlock services.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- IMEI number
- Unlock codes
Switch on your Nokia 6233 phone without a SIM card in it.
Enter "*#06#" (without the commas) on your cell phone's keyboard and hit the "call" button or "enter" button. You will see your Nokia 6233's IMEI number. Note down the IMEI number. The IMEI number is a unique global serial number that identifies your cell phone. Or, remove the battery on your phone and check underneath for a tag with your Nokia cell phone's model number, along with the phone's IMEI number.
Visit a website that helps unlock Nokia cell phones for free, such as Unlock it, Unlock Me or Lur.nu.
Choose your cell phone's make and model from the drop-down list found in the unlocking website. Select "Nokia" in the "Model" drop-down list and "6233" in the "Make" drop-down list.
Select the country and the cell phone provider your Nokia phone is locked to; such as "USA- AT&T."
Read disclaimers and agree to any terms and conditions of using the free software. Click the "Generate codes" button or hit "Enter" on your PC keyboard to generate and view your Nokia 6233 phone's unlock codes.
Enter your Nokia 6233 cell phone's unlock codes. Push "# " on your phone's keyboard within the second, and then push "" three times. "P" will show on your screen. Push "" four times "w" will show on your screen. Follow this up by pushing "*" two times within the second to show a "+" sign. You will be prompted for the unlock code. Enter your Nokia 6233 phone's unlock code numbers in the interface that opens. Push "#" after entering the code numbers to unlock your phone.
Tips and warnings
- Generate the unlock code based on your phone's correct IMEI and network information. If you enter the unlock codes incorrectly or generated the code based on incorrect IMEI, you will receive an error message and you will not be able to unlock your Nokia 6233 phone.
- Do not enter the wrong unlock code too many times. If you enter the wrong code more than five times on you Nokia phone, you may create a "hard lock" condition that will require you to take your phone to a service location for unlocking. Normally, unlocking a "Hard lock" condition is quite expensive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for