Rice crispy treats are dessert snacks made using cereal, melted butter and melted marshmallows. The treats are sold in stores, but you can make your own at home. You can vary the standard recipe using different colours of the crispy rice cereal and marshmallows. After you make the homemade treats, store properly to keep them fresh.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Airtight container
- Parchment paper
Cut the homemade rice crispy treats into even squares once they cool completely.
Remove the squares and store them in an airtight container.
Layer sheets of parchment paper between single layers of the treats to prevent them from sticking.
Store the rice crispy treats at room temperature for one to two days. You can also place them in the freezer and store them for up to six weeks.
Tips and warnings
- Add food colouring to the melted marshmallows to make different colour treats.
- Avoid making the treats too far in advance if you do not plan to freeze them. The treats have a short shelf life and they will go rancid quickly due to the butter in them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for