Putting together a jigsaw puzzle is an activity that you can do alone or in a group. If you have spent countless hours working on a jigsaw puzzle, you may want to showcase your work to others. Or you may want to mount your jigsaw puzzle if you put it together as a family activity. Displaying your completed jigsaw allows you to commemorate the time you spent together. Mounting your jigsaw puzzle requires little more than patience and glue.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 sheet of poster board
- Jigsaw puzzle glue
- 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick piece of foam board
- Wood glue
- Utility knife
Lay down a protective layer of newspaper on the flat surface where you will be gluing.
Slide the completed jigsaw puzzle from its location and onto a sheet of poster board.
Transport the jigsaw puzzle to the newspaper protected surface, and slide the puzzle on top of the newspaper.
Spread a layer of puzzle glue on top of the puzzle quickly and evenly. Wait for the puzzle to dry.
Cut a hole into the centre of your sheet of foam board using a utility knife. The hole does not need to be a certain shape.
Transfer the puzzle onto a sheet of foam board.
Outline the puzzle onto the foam board using the pencil. Mark the outline lightly, and then return the puzzle to the poster board.
Cut the foam board on the outline using the utility knife.
Spread a layer of wood glue onto the foam board, and position the puzzle on top. Press down firmly on the puzzle once you have it positioned correctly.
Hang the jigsaw puzzle on a nail using the hole in the back of the foam board.
Tips and warnings
- You may also transfer your completed puzzle onto a piece of cardboard or a thin sheet of pressed particle board if you do not have a sheet of poster board.
- If you do not wish to use jigsaw puzzle glue, place the jigsaw puzzle on contact paper to secure the pieces.
- If you do not wish to use wood glue, use a strong grade of double-sided tape to mount the jigsaw puzzle onto the foam board or backboard of your choosing.
- You may substitute plywood instead of a foam board.
- If the glue you are using has a strong aroma, use it in a well ventilated area.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for