Smoking, sun exposure, stress and ageing can have displeasing wrinkling effects on the skin. Sensitive areas such as the upper lip will show the damage it accumulates over time. Noticeable fine lines and deep wrinkles will appear across the upper lip. Many women and men question how to repair, mend and lessen the appearance of these lines. After all, they are often undesirable and can cause loss of confidence in a person's appearance. Thankfully lines above the upper lip can be repaired and reduced with the help of the skincare tips provided here.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Product with glycolic acid
- Moisturiser with SPF 15 or higher
- Exfoliation scrub or microdermabrasion kit
- Tretinoin cream
Wash your face when you wake up. Apply a serum or lotion that contains glycolic acid. Evenly apply the serum or lotion onto your upper lip, and gently massage into the lines for a minute.
Apply a moisturiser with SPF 15 or higher. Remember to put on the moisturiser at least 10 minutes before applying make-up.
Remove dead skin cells with exfoliation. You can exfoliate with an exfoliation scrub or microdermabrasion kit at home. Dermatologists provide microdermabrasion sessions which may show more results than microdermabrasion kits.
Contact a dermatologist about laser skin resurfacing. Set up an appointment for a wrinkle removing treatment such as erbium laser resurfacing. In this procedure the erbium laser heats small areas of skin to remove damaged skin cells and stimulate collagen production.
Apply a tretinoin cream to your upper lip. Tretinoin creams are only available by prescription, so you will ask a dermatologist for a prescription.
Tips and warnings
- If you smoke then consider stopping. Smoking is a leading cause for wrinkles and discolouration around the mouth area. It may take a few weeks to see reduction of fine lines. Remember to be patient and consistent. Avoid harmful sunlight and UV rays by wearing a sunhat. Don't expose your skin to the sun for extended periods.
- Redness and peeling may occur from microdermabrasion. Laser skin resurfacing can result in swelling, bruising and redness.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for