A claw machine is a game that offers a player a chance to beat the game and win a prize. Claw machines are typically located in retail stores and appeal to shoppers because of prizes that include stuffed animals, toys and watches. However, winning a price can be difficult. The number of claws on a machine can determine your odds of winning a prize.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Scope out a machine that has more than two claws. Also, watch a machine prior to playing. Claw machines are designed to award a prize after a certain number of plays. It helps to develop a strategy to help win at a claw machine.
Determine whether your machine has a grip setting. You don't want your claw grip to be too loose, or you'll lose your prize. Locate a prize you'd like to win before depositing your money into a machine.
Watch for toys that look easy to grab, such as a toy lying on top of a pile. Toys that are packed and wedged into a machine won't offer an easy win. Claw machines can't lift toys that have a limb buried.
Pay attention to your machine's timer. Spend a few seconds manoeuvring your claw over a toy, avoiding the machine's corners. Toys against the corners of a claw machine are difficult to win.
Tips and warnings
- Claw machines will cost 50 cents to £1.30 to play.
- Limit the amount of money you're willing to spend. Many of the toys in claw machines aren't worth more than a few dollars.
- Machines that have a joystick and drop button will provide better odds for winning.
- Watching someone else play a machine can help you determine the speed and grip of the machine.
- Don't spend more money than you intend.
- Don't jerk the joystick, which can cause the claw to move away from your prize.
- Stay away from machines that have only a forward and right button.
- Avoid machines where the same toys have been there for weeks or more than a month.
- Avoid machines that have a claw that doesn't close all the way or completely grasps an item.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for