The Citroen engine relies on the lubricating and protective properties of motor oil to run smoothly and efficiently. Manufacturer recommendations state that the oil and oil filter on your Citroen should be changed every 6,000 miles or every six months, whichever comes first. When you change the engine oil, you should also change the oil filter, which can be found under the engine block.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Oil filter wrench
- Rubber gloves
- Car jack
- Car jack stands
Jack up the car with the car jack.
Place the car jack stands beneath the front of the vehicle.
Lower the vehicle onto the car jack stands with the car jack.
Drain the motor oil through the bolt that can be found in the oil sump, located beneath the engine block in the front centre of the vehicle and a little bit off to the left side.
Place the oil filter wrench around the oil filter. The filter is located directly next to the oil sump.
Tighten the oil filter wrench around the oil filter and loosen the oil filter until you can turn it by hand.
Remove the oil filter by hand.
Tips and warnings
- Always allow the car to cool down before attempting to service it.
- Always drain the oil before removing the oil filter.
- Always remove and dispose of oil safely in a designated place.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for