Using a pizza stone results in crispy pizza crust and can also be used to make crusty breads.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pizza stone
- Dough of your choice
- Pizza paddle or two oven gloves
Put the room-temperature stone into a cold oven.
Heat the stone in a 475-degree oven for one hour. Remove carefully.
Add the dough and cook according to recipe instructions.
Remove with the pizza paddle or oven gloves.
Brush any large pieces of food off of the stone and place it back into the oven.
Turn oven off and let the stone come back to room temperature.
Wash the cold stone in warm water with no soap.
Allow the stone to dry completely, and store in a cabinet or in the oven if desired.
Tips and warnings
- Use your pizza stone for breads and other items that require crisping.
- Don't let a cold stone come into contact with an already hot oven, and don't let a hot stone come into contact with cold water. Both can cause cracks. Don't use soap on a pizza stone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for