The Compaq Armada E500 laptop was a model in a line of business-end laptop computers first released in 2001. Due to its age the hardware inside one of these laptops, running modern software is all but out of the question without significant hardware adjustments. Overclocking the processor inside the Armada E500 is a simple process, only taking a few moments to complete once you get a feel for what needs to be done.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Restart your computer and enter your BIOS by pressing the F2 key when the computer first powers on.
Enter your "Advanced CMOS Options" submenu.
Adjust your front-side bus speeds by increments of 5-10MHz at a time. Do not change the multiplier figures.
Exit your BIOS, saving your settings as you do so. Once saved the computer will reboot with the new processor speeds.
Tips and warnings
- You can calculate your processor speed while overclocking by multiplying the front-side bus speed by the multiplier.
- Do not attempt to push the CPU past 850-900MHz. Because of the design of the laptop, there is no way to improve the cooling inside the machine. Increasing the CPU speeds by too much will cause the entire machine to lock up and shut down.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for