The Olympus VN-480 digital voice recorder has a long history of software problems. These mostly stemmed from the company not updating its driver software for Windows Vista/7. Thankfully they recently relented, and it is now possible to use your Olympus digital voice recorder on your modern PC. The process is very straightforward, but some have difficulty getting the extracted data to a cd. I will attempt to make this process easy and quick, with step by step instruction.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PC with Internet connection
- CD burner
- Factory Olympus data cable
Download and install the program Digital Wave Player here www.olympusamerica.com/files/DigitalWavePlayer.zip.>
Plug in your VN-480 with your Olympus data cable and power it on.
Transfer the files you want on a CD from your VN-480 to your HDD.
Insert a blank CD into your PC's CD burner.
Highlight all files you want on the CD and drag them into the "Burn" queue of your favourite media player.
Click the "Burn" button.
Tips and warnings
- If you are using a 32-bit Vista or Windows 7 PC, download the 2.1.4 update here
- If you are using 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, download the VN-PC series driver here
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for