The Samsung BD-C6500 DVD player plays Blu-ray discs as well as DVDs in different formats. Many Blu-ray discs and DVDs come with a parental rating level. Your Samsung BD-6500 player stops you from viewing a disc if the disc has a rating level higher than the password-protected parental rating lockout level that you've preset into the player. Unlocking the player to view a disc doesn't require much effort. You only need to enter the 4-digit password.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 4-digit password
Open the disc tray on your Samsung BD-C6500 by pushing the "Open/Close" button.
Insert a Blu-ray or DVD disc into the tray, then close the tray.
Enter your 4-digit password if a password prompt comes up on the screen. Play your disc.
Tips and warnings
- If you see a "Please check the regional code of the disc" message, the player has locked out a disc from playback because the disc's region code doesn't match the region coded into the player. Remove the disc and play one that has a matching region code.
- If the player won't accept your password, try the factory default "0000" password in case the player has somehow reset back to the original factory settings. If the factory password doesn't work, or you've forgotten your password, push the "Stop" button on the player for at least five seconds to reset the player and turn off the parental rating lockout.
- Discs without rating level coding won't prompt for a password.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for