The Tom Brown Jr. Tracker knife is made by TOPS USA under the design specifications set forth by survivalist Tom Brown Jr., according to TrackerTrail.com. This knife is known for its use in the movie "The Hunted" staring Benecio Del Torro. The Tracker knife is a serious survival tool that incorporates the duty of an axe and is effective in chopping, splitting, carving, scoring, scraping and sawing, into wood, antler and bone. The knife, with its axelike blade, can be thrown just like a tomahawk.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Stand in front of your target. Position your throwing shoulder in line with your target.
Hold the knife in a vertical posture by the grip as you would normally hold a hammer.
Raise the knife above your head. Keep your shoulder and elbow pointed at the target. Keep your wrist rigid.
Swing your arm forward with force keeping your wrist rigid. Release your grip when the knife blade is in line with the target on the downswing. The knife will tumble forward due to the weight of its blade.
Tips and warnings
- Practice your throwing at short distances, within 5 to 10-yards at first, until you form the appropriate muscle memory for throwing the knife. This will help develop accuracy and form. Longer distances will require more forceful forward motion with your arm. Note that knife throwing in combat or survival situations will typically be at close range.
- The tracker knife can easily chop and lacerate human flesh and bone. Use extreme caution when handling the knife.
- Do not throw the knife by the blade.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for