Caller ID blocking prevents your number from being displayed when you place a call to a phone equipped with caller ID. Caller ID displays your name and phone number. For privacy reasons, many people subscribe to caller ID blocking. If you are calling a number that does not accept calls from callers not displaying call information, you need to remove the block. The block can be removed on a per-call basis using a special code. There is no fee for using the code.
- Skill level:
Pick up your phone's handset and listen for the dial tone.
Dial *82 followed by the number of the party you are calling. If you are dialling from a rotary phone, dial 1182 instead.
Wait for the party to answer and begin the conversation.
Tips and warnings
- The *82 code must be used on a per-call basis to deactivate caller ID blocking.
- Caller ID blocking can be permanently removed from your phone line by request.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for