If you have TESA locks on your doors at home, opening them might turn into a headache if you lose your keys. However, if you have the right tools available at home, opening a TESA lock is fairly simple and you can master it within a little time. The important thing to learn about opening a TESA lock is familiarising yourself with the structure of the lock from the inside so that logic can guide you how to pick the lock successfully.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tension Wrench
Examine the TESA lock very closely to determine the type.
Get the appropriate sized tension wrench and a pick that can easily slide into the TESA lock.
Slide the tension wrench inside the TESA lock and turn it over clockwise. If the cylinder inside the lock gives a little that means that is the right direction. If the surface of the cylinder feels stiffer, then try turning it counterclockwise.
Hold the tension wrench in position while getting the pick. Rest your hands on the table while holding the TESA lock to maintain a firm grip.
Insert the pick inside the TESA Lock and get a feel of the inside structure of the lock. Press upon the individual pins inside the TESA lock starting from the one near the entrance of the lock.
Continue pressing the pins with the pick and at the same time increase pressure from the tension wrench.
Feel the pins giving way and being pushed upward. Continue pushing the pick onto the pins so that they completely give way.
Push all the pins upward and turn the tension wrench in the right direction. You might have to turn it a couple of times in order for the TESA lock to open.
Tips and warnings
- The pins continue to press down when you push them up with the pin; keep the pressure constant but gentle.
- If the pins are stubborn and do not move, ease the pressure from the tension wrench and then increase pressure again.
- Don't try to struggle with the inside of the lock if it's not turning when you insert the tension wrench; try to turn it in the other direction.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for