Cartier has been producing luxury jewellery and timepieces since the company was founded in France in 1847. The Cartier Panthere watch is an 18-carat gold ladies dress watch that features a jewel-encrusted head of a panther above the watch face. When the battery in your Cartier Panthere wristwatch dies, you can save time and money by changing the battery at home. The process requires few special tools and no previous watch repair experience.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Optical cloth or pocket handkerchief
- Optical-sized flathead screwdriver
- Plastic needle-nose tweezers
- Replacement battery
Lay the watch facedown on a flat, stable work surface that has been padded with an optical cloth or pocket handkerchief; this will protect the jewel-encrusted watch face from being marred during the battery changing process. For best results, choose a work surface near a sunny window or lamp.
Use an optical-sized flathead screwdriver to remove the small screws that hold the back cover to the rest of the watch case. Note that the number of screws may vary from four to six depending on the Panthere model. Set the watch's screws and back cover aside.
Remove the protective plate that shields that battery compartment in your Cartier Panthere. Lift the protective plate out of the watch case with a pair of plastic needle-nose tweezers.
Pry up the metal battery strap the holds that hold the battery in place using the optical-sized flathead screwdriver. Remove the old battery from the watch and discard it.
Insert a new battery into the battery compartment of the Cartier Panthere and replace the metal battery strap.
Cover the battery compartment with the protective plate. Replace the back cover, then reinsert the small screws and tighten them.
Tips and warnings
- Hold the small screws on a magnet during the battery changing process to avoid losing them.
- Cartier recommends having the battery in your Panthere wristwatch changed by a professional jeweller. Changing the battery yourself may void the manufacturer's warranty. Contact Cartier customer service for more repair and warranty information.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for