Snap-On tools have become a popular choice for mechanics, home handypersons and anyone who uses tools as a daily part of life. Snap-On offers a 30-day warranty on most of their products. But like anything else, tools sometimes break or don't operate properly. Replacing a broken Snap-On tool requires obtaining a special form to process your request and replacement.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Shipping box
- Newspaper or packing peanuts
- Shipping tape
- Permanent marker
Call Snap-On Tools customer service number at 877-762-7664 to request a replacement tool. The customer service representative will supply you with a Return Authorization Number and form. This form with the RGA number must accompany the defective tool when you send it to Snap-On. It enables the company to quickly process your request when they receive delivery of the defective tool. You can request to have the form e-mailed to you if you have printing capabilities.
Package the defective tool in an appropriately size box. Place newspaper or packing peanuts in the box to protect the tool from further damage during shipment.
Fill out the RGA form completely when you receive it or print it out on your computer. The form includes your name and address along with the date of purchase and what defect is in the tool. Write the RGA number on the top of the box in permanent marker so it is clearly seen. Fold the form and set it in the box. Seal the box with packing tape.
Place the shipping address on the box and ship the box either through UPS or FedEx. These couriers provide you with a tracking number so you can track your shipment online. This tracking number helps to eliminate lost packages and also gives you a delivery date when the package arrives at Snap-On.
Allow five to seven days for Snap-On to process your tool after they receive delivery.
Tips and warnings
- Return defective products within 30 days of purchase to take full advantage of the replacement warranty.
- If you made your purchase through a local store or dealer, contact the dealer for its replacement procedure. Often this can be done quickly without the expense of shipping.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for