Popeye and Sailor Moon are two of the famous Halloween sailor costumes. A sailor outfit has a few recognisable pieces that can easily be made at home, saving you money. The hat and the large sailor collar are the most important items, and can be made with some creativity. The sailor bottoms and shoes can be found around the house. This simple guide will have you dressed as your favourite sailor for Halloween or anytime you want.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Heavy white paper
- Packaging tape
- Beanie cap
- Long sleeved white T-shirt
- White fabric
- White trousers
- Black shoes
- Navy coloured fabric marker
Measure the top of the crown of your head to make the sailor hat.
Draw a rectangle with heavy white paper. The length will be the circumference of your head, and the width will be about 4 inches.
Cut the rectangle out with scissors, and tape it onto a beanie hat with packaging tape.
Cut a piece of white fabric into a square 12 inches by 12 inches.
Place the square on a table, and put your long sleeved T-shirt on top. Mark where the shirt opening is on the square, and cut it out.
Sew the collar onto the white shirt, and make a navy stripe around the edge of the collar, 1 inch from the bottom.
Wear your sailor shirt and hat with white trousers and black shoes. For Sailor Moon, wear a blue pleated skirt and boots.
Tips and warnings
- Accessories, like anchors and tattoos, can help make your outfit look more realistic. You can also use a navy handkerchief tied around your neck if you don't want to make your own sailor collar.
- Use caution when using needles so you don't prick yourself.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for