The DDE Server Error is a general error message for a variety of DDE Server Windows errors. The error signals a malfunctioning program or software. To fix a DDE Server Error message or DDE Server Window error message, you need to open your system applications and view the error event that is causing the problem.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Windows product identification number
Click on "Control Panel," which you can access from your Start menu or the My Computer folder.
Click on the "Administrative Tools." Once you are inside of that folder, you will see a folder called Event Viewer. Click on the "Event Viewer."
Find the words "System and Apps" within the Event Viewer folder and click on them one at a time. On the right side of the screen, you will see the words "errors" or "warnings." If there is an error or warning, right-click on it with your mouse and chose the "Properties" option from the drop-down menu.
Click on "Note error ID and Source." This will open a new box, and you will see the error code or ID written in blue. Click on the blue link and confirm that you want to see the error code by clicking "Yes" when prompted.
Disable or uninstall any program that the Event Viewer lists as causing the problem. You can uninstall a program by right-clicking on the program in the Applications folder and selecting "uninstall" from the drop-down menu.
Tips and warnings
- If the error is being caused by a program that you need to continue to use, then contact an associate at the Microsoft Support centre, who can help you disable the particular code that is causing the error. You will need to know your product identification number and your operating system before being able to contact the support centre.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for