Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a video game that was released for PC and video game consoles. Typically the game is played with a keyboard and mouse, but it is also possible to use a PC game controller to play the game. While there are many different types of game controllers available for the PC, one specific controller that can be used is the Xbox 360 wired controller. Fortunately the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas game is able to automatically map the controls for the game directly to an Xbox 360 controller.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Navigate to the Microsoft software download page. See Resources.
Select "Controller" from the "Type of Product" menu, "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" from the "Product" menu, then your operating system and operating system language from their respective menus. Click the "Go" button when finished.
Click the "Xbox 360 Accessories Software..." link, then save the file to a location on your computer.
Double click the downloaded file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Plug the USB end of your controller into an available USB port on your computer.
Launch Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Use your keyboard arrows to scroll to the "Configuration" button, then press the "Enter" key.
Press the arrows keys to scroll to the "Controller Setup" option, then press the "Enter" key.
Press "Enter" to select the "Configuration" option, then choose the "Joypad" option. The game will automatically recognise the Xbox 360 controller at this point and map the controls for the game accordingly.
Tips and warnings
- Once you have installed the software for the Xbox 360 controller, you will be able to play many other games on your computer with that controller. All that is necessary is to connect the controller to an available USB port, then select the Xbox 360 controller from the game's menu.
- In many cases the game will already recognise that the Xbox 360 controller is connected to the computer, and will set that as the controller for the game automatically. To see if that is the case, attempt to use the controller to navigate the menus once the game has launched.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for