The Blum 70T555-0101 is a European-style cup hinge. The door side of the hinge resides in a 35mm (1-3/8-inch) hole drilled 12.7mm (1/2 inch) deep. The cabinet side clips to a mounting plate and can be adapted to framed or frameless cabinets.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 35mm Forstner bit
- Electric drill
- Self-centring countersink
Lay out and drill the hinge mounting hole in the back of the cabinet door. The exact location depends on the chosen mounting plate and the desired door overlay. There are 18 possible mounting positions; see the chart in the Blum catalogue for details. Drill the mounting hole 12.7mm (1/2 inch) deep.
Drill the hinge screw holes. Place the hinge in the 35mm drilled hole, with the hinge arm toward the edge of the door. Using the hinge as a guide, drill two screw holes using the self-centring bit.
Screw the hinge in place.
Place the axle on the hinge arm into the slot at the front of the mounting plate. Snap the back of the hinge arm in place.
Tips and warnings
- The supplied screws appear to have a Phillips head, but they actually have a Pozidriv (ANSI 1A) head; a Phillips screwdriver can be used in a pinch.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for