The Compaq nc6220 may have 256MB, 512MB or 1GB of RAM preinstalled. RAM is upgradeable to a maximum amount of 2GB in this model, so the nc6220 does not come with its maximum RAM amount preinstalled. Increasing RAM can be the easiest and fastest way to improve computer performance.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small screwdriver
- New RAM module or modules
Shut down the computer and remove the AC power adaptor.
Turn the notebook upside down and remove the battery.
Unscrew the screws holding the cover on the memory bay.
Remove any memory modules being replaced by spreading the retaining clips of the module with a small wooden tool or a fingernail and removing the modules.
Gently push each new memory module into place, positioning it the way the existing or just-removed RAM modules are or were positioned, with the gold contacts of the memory module audibly clicking into the connector.
Install the memory bay cover with the screw that was previously removed.
Reinstall the battery and start the computer. Any new memory will be automatically registered and recorded.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to ground yourself before handling delicate RAM modules. HP suggests doing this by touching one hand to the computer case and another hand to a metal surface.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for