Gout is the result of a build-up of uric acid in the feet due to poor uric metabolic function. As the acid and its accompanying salts collect in the toe or foot, severe pain and inflammation will come along with it. You can treat a painful episode of gout using a simple soaking bath to relieve some of the soreness. This soak is safe to use as often as you want to provide some comfort.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Apple cider vinegar
Find a container that can comfortably fit the affected part of the foot. If your entire foot needs soaking, make sure you can set your foot down without any pain inside the container.
Boil 3 cups of water and pour it into the container. Let the water cool just enough so that you can safely touch it with your foot.
Pour 1 cup of apple cider vinegar into the hot water and stir to combine thoroughly.
Lower your foot into the bath and let it soak for as long as you want. You can add more water and vinegar in the same proportions of three parts water to one part vinegar.
Tips and warnings
- Soak your foot just before bed so you can rest after relieving the pain.
- Do not let gout go untreated or it can develop into a much worse condition.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for