Among Pinocchio's most distinctive characteristics--aside from a nose that grows when he tells lies--the wooden puppet character's hat has appeared in several different colours over the years. Pinocchio's hat has appeared as red, green, blue and yellow. Also, the hat has a red feather on one side. Using easy-to-find materials, you can make your own Pinocchio hat.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Large sheet of paper measuring at least 25 inches x 25 inches
- Yellow paint
- Blue ribbon
- Red paint
Paint the sheet of paper yellow and leave to dry.
Make the basic cone shape of the hat. Hold the sheet of paper at two corners. Pull the corners together towards the centre of the sheet of paper. The corners meet to create a pointy, cone shape.
Fit the hat to your head. Place the paper cone on your head and tighten it by slipping the two corners over each other. The edges will cross over and you can alter the hat's size.
Remove the hat and make sure you hold the hat in place to keep the correct size. Glue the overlapping corners together. Leave to dry.
Paint the feather red. Don't forget to wash the yellow paint off your paintbrush before starting. If you can't find a feather buy one from a craft store.
Glue the red feather to the left side of the hat roughly aligned with your ear. Make sure that the glue holding the cone in place is dry before you attach the feather.
Glue a length of blue ribbon around the base of the hat. Pinnchio traditionally has a yellow hat with blue ribbon and red feather. Wait for it to dry. Put your hat on to make sure it fits.
Tips and warnings
- To make the base of the hat more sturdy you could try using cardboard. You can also adapt an existing hat that you no longer need. Experiment with different colours. If you can't find yellow paint, try using green with a pink feather.
- Make sure you wait for the paint and glue to dry on the Pinocchio hat. If you do not do this, you may get paint or glue in your hair or on your face and it may be difficult to remove.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for