Changing the tail light on a 1992 Toyota Celica is a simple task that takes no more than 15 minutes. A vehicle driven with burnt out bulbs is a hazard and may result in a traffic ticket. Bulbs should be checked every six months.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flathead screwdriver
- Philips screwdriver
- Replacement bulb
Pry the side lens off. Put the flathead screwdriver into the space between the side lens and the tail light lens covers. Pry the screwdriver towards the side lens until it pops off. Look for the two screws holding the tail light cover on.
Unscrew the screws holding the tail light lens covers on.
Pull off the tail light lens carefully as it is attached to wires. Turn on your car, and check to see which bulb needs replacing. Turn car off.
Turn the tail light assembly counterclockwise, and pull it out. Pull the bulb out of the socket. Replace with a new bulb by pushing it in. Replace assembly, and turn clockwise to secure.
Screw the lens back in. Push the side lens cover back onto car.
Tips and warnings
- To avoid scratching the side lens, place a piece of cardboard between the lens covers, and push on the cardboard with your screwdriver.
- Use gloves or paper when touching the bulb. Oil from your fingers can cause the bulb to heat unevenly and crack.
- When replacing the lens, be gentle, as they can crack.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for