The online poker site PokerStars offers a frequent player points program, in which players can earn VIP Player Points or VPPs. The higher a player's VIP level, the more frequent player points they will earn toward gift or cash rewards and free tournament entries. Players can earn VPPs by playing in tournaments and cash games in which PokerStars takes a fee.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Enter into turbo tournaments. These tournaments feature faster structures than regular tournaments and end more quickly. You will receive the same amount of VPPs based on the fee paid, which is 5.5 VPPS for each 60p in rake.
Play cash games in forms of poker in which hands end quickly. Texas Hold'em, for example, is a fast moving game, while split-pot games such as Stud Hi-Lo or Omaha Hi-Lo take longer to complete a hand.
Play on cash tables with more seats. VPPs are awarded at a rate of six for every 60p collected on tables with eight or more seats, and 5.5 for each 60p in rake at a tables with seven or fewer seats. If you can find a short-handed game on a larger table you will earn VPPs at a much faster rate.
Sit down at multiple tables at once. Some users play 20 tables or more at one time, earning thousands of VPPs each hour. That is an unreachable goal for most, so try to focus on four tables, sizing them so that each takes up a quadrant of your computer screen.
Tips and warnings
- Players do not earn VPPs in freeroll tournaments or play money tables since no fee is taken.
- Do not leave a table before the hand is completed. If you fold and immediately leave you may not get credit for the VPPs awarded during the hand. PokerStars recommends you choose the "Sit Out" option until the hand is over.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for