Yahoo! Small Business has easy-to-use tools that can help anyone set up his own professional website. You don't need to have experience with HTML or website construction; you don't even have to be very computer savvy to use Yahoo's website creator. Easy drag-and-drop tools make arranging -- and rearranging -- your website a breeze. You can add or delete pages, change the layout, and edit text and colours. This builder works with several Windows platforms, like XP or Vista. In less than an hour you can have your own business website up and running. Use the Site Creation Wizard for even quicker results.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Choose one of the builder's free templates. There are more than 380 to choose from, including several designed for business. Whether you're running a real estate company or are a wedding planner, you'll be able to find a suitable template.
Add images, video and tracks to your website. You can either use your own photos or choose from Yahoo's royalty-free image database. You can create a photo gallery or slide show. You can also add videos, which are great if you have demos or speeches that you want to display, and audio tracks.
Incorporate a PayPal button if you'll be selling products or services, or if your company is accepting donations.
Sign up for a web hosting plan in order to publish your website. Plans may include a specialised domain name of your creation, e-mail addresses and e-mail service, a help desk and even a warranty.
Include forms for feedback from customers and visitors. This is a good way to take the pulse of your business and find out how you're doing, particularly in terms of customer needs.
Add a search box to your website so that visitors can quickly find the information they're looking for.
Tips and warnings
- This software can be installed on your PC and also run offline. This way, you can make changes to your website whether you're connected to the Internet or not. Changes will be applied online once you connect to the Web.
- If you'd like to direct customers to your location, include a map and driving directions. Your clients can enter their address and get door-to-door directions right to your business.
- Find out how well your site is doing by tracking the number of visitors to your page.
- To protect your website -- and business -- consider password-protecting your website.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for