An LG plasma screen is lightweight and thin. The screen stretches to the edges of the unit and produces sharp, clear images. LG Electronics is one of the largest manufacturers of television sets in the world and its products are well known and trusted. However, as with most high-end consumer electronic goods, glitches do occur. Whether it be an issue with the picture or sound quality, many problems are relatively simple to troubleshoot.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Ensure that the A/C power cord is plugged into an outlet if the unit does not power up. Try plugging another appliance into the same outlet to test for power. Check the household electrical panel for any tripped breakers or blown fuses. If the metal strip on the fuse is broken, replace it with another of the same amperage. Check the batteries in the remote control and replace, if necessary.
Turn off electrical appliances around the TV if you notice vertical or horizontal lines on the screen.
Ensure there is enough space between the VCR and the screen if the picture is poor, or if there is no picture. Check that all the video cables are connected and in good repair. Use the remote and menu system to adjust the colour setting in the menu screen.
Push the "Mute" button on the remote control or TV and then press "Volume" if there is no audio. Ensure that the audio cables are secure and not damaged. Try switching the channel to check if the current station is experiencing broadcast problems.
Turn off the set and unplug the power cord to clean the unit. Moisten a soft cloth slightly with warm water and fabric softener. Use this to wipe the screen clean. Allow it to dry before turning the power back on.
Use the menu system to adjust the audio balance setting if there is no sound coming from one of the speakers. Balance the sound until it comes from both speakers.
Tips and warnings
- Unplug your TV during electrical storms or when not in use for extended periods of time.
- You may hear a slight sound inside the unit when it is switched off. This is due to a change in temperature or humidity, and it is normal.
- Do not place the screen in direct sunlight or near heat sources, such as furnaces and stoves.
- Do not cover any ventilation slots on the unit, as this could cause it to overheat.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for