You can easily make gel capsules yourself at home, but it can be tedious. It is the only way to be absolutely sure what goes into your supplements. For example, you can grind down your herbs so that you have exactly the portions you want in them. Order some gel caps to fill and make sure you have a very clean area to work in.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Empty gel caps
- Small object to pack the capsules
Grind up the contents you want to put into your gel caps. This is only necessary if they are thick, like herbs. If you are making capsules from ground cinnamon, or something of similar powdered consistency, then you can skip the grinding.
Roll the paper so that it makes a small funnel shape. Put the funnel into the long, thin side of the capsule.
Pour the ground-up powder into the funnel and fill up the capsule.
Pack the powder so it is full using the packing object.
Put the top of the capsule over the smaller part.
Tips and warnings
- If you are filling a lot of capsules, you may want to get a device that lets you fill many at once to save you time.
- If you fill your capsule with oil, the capsule will dissolve in an hour, so make sure that you take it by then.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for