When a Toshiba external hard drive becomes unresponsive or states that it is corrupt when it is connected to a computer, you must format it. This will reset the drive to its default settings. The drive should now work without any problem.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Plug the Toshiba external hard drive to the computer.
Click the Start button and then select "Control Panel" found in the right column. Move to "System and Security" and click it. Go to "Administrative Tools" and double-click "Computer Management."
Select "Disk Management."
Right-click the Toshiba external hard drive icon and select the "Format" option.
Click "OK" twice to confirm that you want to format your Toshiba external hard drive.
Tips and warnings
- If the Toshiba external hard drive is very large, it will take 30 minutes or longer to format it.
- Toshiba external hard drives are susceptible to failures caused by direct sunlight, so avoid it at all costs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for