USB dance pads are compatible with dance games for the PC, but can also be used with downloaded songs for dance games from the Internet. Most of the time, USB dance pads can be used with the downloaded files without a problem. There are some occasions when the buttons on the USB dance pad must be mapped to work properly with the game.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- USB dance pad
Plug the USB dance pad into the USB port of your computer. Any required drivers should install automatically. Not all USB dance pads require drivers for them to work properly.
Load the dance game on your computer. Go to the options section using the arrow buttons on your keyboard. Choose the configuration option for the game.
The input mapping screen lists every function you can assign to a button on your USB dance pad. Choose the first function on the screen by highlighting it with the arrow keys. Press "Enter." Press the button on the USB dance pad you wish to assign to that function. Repeat for the remaining functions.
Press "Escape" on your computer keyboard to return to the main screen of the game.
Tips and warnings
- If required drivers do not install automatically, you will have to find the drivers and install them. Go to the website of the company that made your USB dance pad and find the drivers. Download them, and install.
- You can use dance pads that don't have a USB port, as well. You need a USB converter for the console your dance pad was made for. Attach the dance pad to the converter and then the converter to the USB port on your computer. Follow the same steps above to map the buttons.
- Not every USB dance pad, or regular dance pad, is compatible with computer dance games. Some just won't work no matter how hard you try.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for