Mice that are found outside are sometimes referred to as field mice. These mice will look for shelter and food anywhere they can get it. One location that may supply some of the mice's needs is your home garden. Unfortunately, the mice may cause damage to your garden and even destroy it. If this happens you will need to take measures to get rid of the mice.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Peanut butter or fresh apple bits
- Bait stations
Let your cat outdoors. Cats are natural predators and will hunt any mice in your garden. If you do not have a cat, you can adopt one from the animal shelter.
Keep the grass and weeds around your garden mowed. Mice enjoy hiding amid tall grass and weed so this can be an attractant for mice.
Set up a few wooden mousetraps and set them in various spots in your garden. Use peanut butter or apple bits to bait your traps. Check the traps each day. Dispose of any dead mice and reset the traps. Continue doing this until you find the traps empty on a regular basis.
Set up several bait stations throughout your garden. You can do this in place of the wooden mousetraps or in addition to the mousetraps. The mice will eat the bait and then later die.
Call an exterminator to get rid of the mice that are destroying your garden if your own efforts are not successful.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure all openings to your home are secure and that any holes in the perimeter of your home are caulked. Outdoor mice can make their way inside your home.
- Don't use mousetraps or poison in areas that are accessible by children or other pets.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for