Formatting the SD card in a Kodak C530 EasyShare camera might be necessary if the card is not correctly formatted when you insert it to begin. Fortunately, the process is relatively straightforward and should not take more than few minutes to accomplish. Once you have formatted the card, you should be able to begin using it immediately without any further need to do additional set-up work on your camera.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Insert the SD card into your camera.
Turn on the camera.
Press the "Menu" button.
Use the arrow buttons to select "Setup."
Use the arrow buttons to select "Format."
Press the "OK" button. You may be asked if you are sure. Press the "OK" button again. The card will now format.
Tips and warnings
- Before formatting a new card, check the display when you power on the camera. If it shows it has a certain number of pictures ready to be taken, this means the card is already formatted and no new formatting is required. You only need to format the card if it says "memory card needs to be formatted" or if it says: "memory card cannot be read. Please format or insert a new card." If the second message is displayed, formatting might not help. The card might not be compatible or it may be damaged. Try to format. If it doesn't work, replace the card.
- Formatting the SD card in your camera will cause you to lose any pictures or other material that may have been saved on it previously. If you need to save those pictures, first connect the camera to your computer and copy the pictures before formatting. Just follow the instructions in the manual in order to connect the camera and copy pictures.
- Be sure to use a compatible SD card. Some SD cards, such as micro or mini SD cards, will not work without an adaptor. SDHC cards also might not work since this camera was not specifically designed to work with SDHC cards.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for