The Nokia 1208 works with the help of a small card called a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module.) SIM cards store your phone number and account details and connect you to your wireless network. To protect your Nokia 1208 from unauthorised use, you can set up a personal identification number for your SIM card. Setting this security PIN means you will be prompted to enter the code when the phone is powered on. If you've forgotten your SIM PIN or locked your phone, there are a few options you can try to regain access.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Use the phone's keypad to type in your PIN code and press "OK." If you do not know the PIN or never set one, enter "1234." This is the default PIN. If you receive an "Incorrect PIN" message, continue to step two.
Type in the default PIN two more times---three incorrect PIN entries will prompt your Nokia 1208 to display an "Enter PUK" message.
Contact your wireless provider's customer service department and request your PUK (PIN Unblocking Key). You will need to provide your account information before your PUK code is released to you.
Type in the PUK code and press "OK." You will then be prompted to enter a new PIN. Type in your desired four-digit PIN and press "OK." Re-type the PIN to confirm and press "OK."
Tips and warnings
- To disable the SIM PIN code, access the "Security Settings" and choose "PIN Code Request." Type in your PIN code and choose "Off."
- Always contact customer service for your PUK code. Ten incorrect entries of the PUK will cause your SIM card to become permanently blocked, in which case you will need a replacement SIM card.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for