Marrying a Minolta lens to a Nikon camera body used to be impossible. With an adaptor ring, however, now you can keep using your collection of Minolta lenses even though you acquired a Nikon camera.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Minolta lens to Nikon body adaptor
Buy a Minolta lens to Nikon body adaptor ring. The Fotodiox lens mount adaptor, part number B003EDYIM6, is an adaptor ring created specifically for Minolta lenses with "MD" and "MC" and "SR" mounts to Nikon camera bodies.
Align the Minolta lens with the corresponding three tabs of the adaptor's silver side. Line up the red button on the lens with the matching red dot on the adaptor.
Twist the Minolta lens clockwise onto the adaptor ring as you would normally twist the lens onto a Minolta camera until you hear a click.
Lift the Minolta lens with adaptor ring and align the visible silver end of the adaptor ring to the lens opening of the Nikon camera.
Twist the Minolta lens and adaptor ring onto the Nikon camera. You are now ready to shoot.
To release the Minolta lens from the adaptor ring, gently press the small silver button on the circumference of the adaptor ring. To release the Minolta lens together with the adaptor ring, push the normal releasing button mechanism on the Nikon camera.
Tips and warnings
- Another method of assembling is to attach the adaptor ring to the Nikon and twist on the Minolta lens.
- Purchase a Minolta lens teleconverter to add focal length to your subjects. Without this, the adaptor ring may cause the photos to become slightly distorted as a result of the increased distance between the Minolta lens and the Nikon camera. The optics may also be off without it. Some photographers feel that with the adaptor ring alone, you cannot shoot farther than 10 feet without image distortion.
- A Minolta lens to Nikon body adaptor ring will fit every Nikon camera. However, mounts are very tailored to the camera. They must be lens-to-body specific; not just any camera adaptor will work. The mount must particularly be a Minolta lens to Nikon body camera adaptor ring.
- An adaptor ring will cause you to lose the Nikon camera's built-in autofocus capacity and you will need to manually focus.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for