Despite its popularity, some pizza usually ends up leftover in the refrigerator. While you can heat the pizza in the microwave, the crust will not retain its texture. A toaster oven allows you to carefully monitor the pizza, and you can reheat it until it reaches your desired texture. Reheating a pizza properly will ensure that dangerous bacteria does not multiply and make you sick.
- Skill level:
Place the pizza on a heat-safe plate or directly on a clean rack and insert it into the toaster oven.
Set the oven to the "Toast" setting. If you have the option, set the toast setting to "Medium Darkness" to ensure that it reheats the pizza and keeps it crisp. If your toaster oven allows you to set the temperature, set it to 204 degrees C (400 degrees F).
Check the pizza after 10 or 15 minutes. If the pizza does not appear crisp or if it remains cold, place it back into the toaster oven for another cycle.
Remove the pizza from the toaster oven. Allow it to cool slightly for three to five minutes to prevent burning your mouth or hands.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to enjoy your pizza more quickly, place the pizza slice in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat on the hob, covering it loosely, for two or three minutes.
- Always refrigerate leftover pizza within two hours to help prevent the growth of dangerous bacteria.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for