You can attach a flag to a scooter to raise visibility for a safer ride. Gas, electric and push scooters all have the disadvantage of being lower to the street than the average car. Safety flags reduce the risk of collision by making the scooter easier for everyone to see. There are a variety of flags available in bright colours. Securely fasten a safety flag to any scooter so you get noticed everywhere you ride.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cable ties (optional)
- Screw driver or pliers (optional)
Review the manufacturer's instruction on the safety flag packaging. Many flags come with attachment hardware like brackets and straps. Avoid safety flag mounts that ask you to drill a hole in the scooter.
Try positioning the flag in different locations on the scooter until you find a spot where it won't get in the way during a ride.
Mount the flag on the scooter using a screwdriver or pliers and the provided attachment hardware or a few locking cable ties. Grab the flag pole about a foot above the mount and wiggle it from side-to-side as you watch closely to make sure it stays completely secured.
Take the scooter for a drive to determine if you are satisfied with the placement and stability of the flag mount. Make adjustments as needed and secure a higher section of the pole using cable ties to make the safety flag bend less in the wind. Some flag mounting brackets are simply finger-tightened wing-nut clamps and they need to be re-tightened on a regular basis.
Tips and warnings
- Collapsible safety flags for scooters pull apart in the middle much like a tent post. The pole can then be folded and the flag wrapped around the pole to take up less space in storage.
- Safety flags for electric wheelchairs, which are also called scooters, are often designed to attach to the rear section of the armrest.
- Add reflective tape to a scooter to make it even more visible.
- Wear protective equipment like a helmet and sturdy full-coverage clothing to prevent injury if a collision occurs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for