SMS (short message service) is a communications protocol by which written word messages are sent from mobile phone to mobile phone. It's more commonly referred to as text messaging. Although texting is primarily used to send messages back and forth between two or more people immediately, it can also be advantageous to send a delayed message, perhaps to remind yourself or someone else of something at a later date or time. A few phones have delayed SMS features built into them, but if you don't have this feature, you can still send a delayed SMS.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Register for free (if required) by entering the appropriate information (such as username, mobile number and e-mail address). Some sites will send you a link in an e-mail to confirm your address. Check your junk e-mail folder if you haven't received the message within a minute or two.
Return to the site and log in.
Choose to send a reminder or a delayed message. Enter the mobile number of the person you want to send the message to, select the date and time you want the message to be sent and type your message in the given space.
Click "Submit" or "Send" and your SMS will be sent on the date and time you requested.
Tips and warnings
- If you change your mind about a delayed message that you've sent, you can log back in to your account, view your delayed messages and edit or delete them.
- Try not to send a text message that's over 160 characters long. This might cause your SMS not to be sent. Your e-mail address may also be included in the character limit, so make your message as short as possible.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for