Converting child's shoe sizes to adult shoe sizes is a fairly simple process. A child's shoe size will generally be two sizes smaller than a women's shoe size. For example, a child who wears a size 3 in children's shoes will wear a size 5 in women's shoes. It's always best to measure the person's foot, however, to make sure that the shoes fit properly.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape
- Size-conversion chart
Measure the foot with the measuring tape. Measure to the nearest quarter inch.
Use the size conversion chart as a guide. Find the shoe size that corresponds with the measurement you took.
Once you know what size you wear in either women's or children's shoes, convert by subtracting two sizes from a women's size or adding two sizes to a children's size.
Tips and warnings
- Always try shoes on before purchasing them.
- The strategy of adding or subtracting two sizes to discern the correct size only works for US shoe sizes. Measuring the foot and using the conversion chart will work for shoe sizes in many countries.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for