Many parents face a difficult battle almost every night of the week: getting their dirty, sticky kid into the bathtub. One way to make bath time more enjoyable is to drop a bath bomb into the tub. These are small balls that begin to spin and fizz when they come in contact with water. They can be made at home with a few simple ingredients.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Citric acid
- Baking soda
- Medium bowls
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp fragrance oil
- 4 drops food colouring
- Small bowls
- Waxed paper
- Paper baking cups
- Airtight containers
Place the citric acid, cornflour and baking soda into a bowl. Mix the ingredients together well.
Pour the coconut oil, fragrance oil and food colouring into a separate glass bowl.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring the mixture as you pour.
Spoon out the mixture and form it into approximately 1-in.-round balls. Place them onto a sheet of waxed paper and allow them to dry for three hours.
Place each ball into a separate paper baking cup. Allow the bath bombs to dry completely for 24 hours.
Tips and warnings
- Store bombs in an airtight container.
- Drop one to three bombs into a warm bath.
- Use grapeseed or almond oil in place of coconut oil for a variation on the recipe.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for