Since your Kinetico water softener is powered by the kinetic energy from moving water rather than electricity, there are no timers or buttons to set. Your water softener runs itself, working on demand. This means your Kinetico water softener regenerates whenever you run the water faucet or flush the toilet but not when you go on vacation, for example. However, there will be times when you need to manually regenerate your softener, for example, after adding more salt to the salt storage tank.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Turn the bypass lever on your Kinetico water softener to the “Off” position.
Open a soft water faucet inside of your house to help clear the water pressure.
Push the water softener valve screw in firmly with a screwdriver, then turn the screw clockwise slowly--never counterclockwise--until you see the tab reach the black indicator dot in the Brine position. Depending on your model, you will see Brine/Rinse written on your water softener head. As you turn the screw, you should hear about five clicks as you move the tab before the indicator dot reaches the Brine position.
Turn the bypass lever to the “Service” position, which allows water to flow to the faucets throughout your house. You should be able to hear the water flowing--if not, this means you did not turn the indicator dot far enough to the Brine position; repeat the manual process if necessary.
Tips and warnings
- Do not use rock salt in your Kinetico water softener. Rock salt contains large amounts of dirt and debris.
- Repair all leaky faucets and running toilets, since they will affect the performance of your Kinetico water softener.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for