Teflon is a type of non-stick material that is used to coat the inside of cookware. This coating can become compromised through repeated or improper use. For example, using metal utensils may result in surface scratches, which can ruin the finish. Surface repair spray is available at speciality kitchen supply stores and appliance repair shops.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Non-stick surface repair spray
- Nonabrasive scrubber
Clean your cookware thoroughly with hot water and soap. Do not use an abrasive scrubber, such as a steel wool pad. That can further damage your pan.
Dry the pan.
Hold the spray several inches away from the pan, and apply a single coat of the non-stick repair chemical. Allow the pan to sit for half an hour.
Set your oven to 287 degrees C. Place the pan in the oven for 45 minutes to solidify the repair coating.
Tips and warnings
- Contact DuPont, the chemical company that manufacturers Teflon, and inquire about sending your pans in for recoating.
- The repair spray only works on pans that are oven safe. If your pan is not oven safe, contact the manufacturer to repair your Teflon coating.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for