One of the convenient optional features of having a Dish Network DVR is the ability to record TV programming and transfer it to an external USB 2.0 flash/hard drive. While you must pay a one-time activation fee to Dish Network before you can use this feature, once enabled you can use it to transfer movies/videos to your DVR and off your DVR with the use of a flash drive.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- USB 2.0 compatible flash drive
Insert your USB 2.0 flash drive into the USB port on the back panel of your DVR.
Enable the DVR storage feature by calling Dish Network at 888-241-2205 and asking to "enable the DVR storage service." You will need to pay a one-time activation fee which will cover all the Dish DVRs on your Dish Network account.
Follow the onscreen prompts and press "Yes" to reformat your flash drive and restart your DVR. Allow several moments for the DVR to complete this task and restart.
Remove your flash drive from your DVR and copy whatever video/movie files from your computer to it that you want on your DVR. When done, reinsert it into your DVR.
Press the "Menu" button on your remote, and then navigate to "Multimedia," select "USB Storage," choose "Manage Device," and then follow the onscreen prompts to copy the files to your DVR.
Tips and warnings
- Don't put the movie/video files on your flash drive prior to the reformatting operation. The reformatting operation erases all files on the device.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for