Plastic is a great raw material for many craft projects. Raid your recycling can and cut and form plastic to create interesting fashion jewellery, cups, bowls and vases. Mold plastic and you can literally turn your trash into great gifts, accents for your home and conversation-piece jewellery that you will treasure for years.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Craft knife
- Flat pan (baking tray or pizza pan)
Preheat your oven to 93.3 degrees C.
Check your recycling can and select a piece of plastic. Consider colour and thickness when choosing.
Use a metal, glass or ceramic object to use as a mould. Do not use a plastic object, as it may melt.
Cut the plastic to the shape you need for your project. Skip this step if the plastic is already the shape you need.
Place the plastic on the flat pan. Put the pan in the oven and heat the plastic until it is soft and malleable. Do not overheat.
Remove the softened plastic from the oven and drape the plastic into the mould.
Leave the plastic in the mould and allow it to cool to room temperature. Remove the plastic from the mould.
Tips and warnings
- Work in a ventilated space.
- Take care that melted plastic does not adhere to your skin, as it can cause severe damage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for