As of 2010, many features and tools of Microsoft's MSN web portal have been rebranded. MSN Search was first renamed Live Search, and as of 2010 is called Bing. Regardless of what the MSN search bar is called, it functions in the same way, by searching the Internet for keywords and phrases. Whether you are using an older version of MSN Search or Bing, you can delete your search bar history to help keep your computer more secure and save space by releasing temporary Internet files.
- Skill level:
Click on "Tools."
Select "Clear Recent History." Or use the keyboard shortcut by pressing the "Ctrl," "Shift" and "Delete" keys all at once.
Select the range of history you would like to delete, from a few hours to an entire history.
Click on the "Details" drop-down menu. Make sure that the only checked box is "Form and Search History" so you don't delete other web history.
Click "Clear Now."
Select "Tools" at the top of the page.
Go to "Internet Options."
Click "Delete" under the "Browsing History" section of the window.
Check the box marked "Form Data," making sure that no other boxes are checked.
Click the "Settings" icon at the top right of the Google Chrome window. The button has a picture of a blue wrench but does not actually say "Settings."
Select "Options" within the Settings menu.
Go to the "Under the Hood" tab within the "Options" menu.
Click "Clear browsing data."
Check only the box marked "Clear Saved Form Data" and click "Clear Browsing Data." You can also choose the range of history you delete by clicking on the drop-down menu labelled "Clear Data from This Period."
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to only clear form data. Form data is what you input into your MSN searches. Only use these instructions for the browser versions listed. Using the instructions for later or earlier versions may have a negative effect on your Internet software's performance. If you have the MSN search toolbar, simply click on the MSN icon and select "Clear Search History."
- Be careful when deleting files from your computer. Make sure you input the correct time range, when applicable, and double-check that you no longer need the information you are deleting.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for