Craigslist is a popular classifieds website that allows you to post and respond to free ads for things such as job listings, services, personals, and items for sale. You can also view the ads for free, and in most cases an account is not required unless you are responding to an ad. After an ad has been responded to, or if the ad is no longer needed, you can delete the ad's history if you are the ad's owner.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Log into your account on Craigslist (craigslist.org) if you are not already logged in. The fastest way to do this is by clicking the "my account" link on the main page. Enter your email and password and click "Log In."
Locate your active ad(s) by scrolling down if necessary. The ad(s) that are active are in green.
Click on the title of the ad you want to delete. At the top you will see two options; choose the first button that says "Delete this Posting." After clicking it, the next page will load confirming that you have deleted your ad.
Return to your main page with all your ads by clicking "Return to my account page." To delete more ads, follow the procedure again to delete the rest of your ad history.
Tips and warnings
- You can see that your ad has been deleted when the ad is highlighted in blue instead of green. There is a key slightly above your ads on your account page to let you know what the different color codes mean.
- The site does not give you an option of asking if you are sure you want to delete your ad, so be sure when you click "delete" that you want to delete your ad permanently.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for