Reed diffusers are a type of air freshener that uses reed sticks that sit in oil to freshen up a space. The oil travels up the reed and is disbursed throughout the room. If you bought a reed diffuser set but have run out of oil, you can make your own diffuser oil refill at home. Not only is it inexpensive, but you can customise the fragrance to suit your needs.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1/4 cup sweet almond, mineral or safflower oil
- Reed diffuser vase or jar
- 12 drops essential oil
- 1 tbsp clear vodka
Pour 1/4 cup of a carrier oil such as sweet almond oil, mineral oil or safflower oil into the reed diffuser jar or vase.
Add 12 drops of your choice of essential oil. Lavender, vanilla, chamomile, cinnamon and lemon are popular choices for reed diffuser oil.
Put 1 tbsp of clear vodka into the mixture. The vodka will help the oil more easily travel up the reed. Swirl the liquid in the reed diffuser vase or jar to mix up the ingredients.
Tips and warnings
- You can make a large batch of the reed diffuser refill oil. Use 12 drops of essential oil for every 1/4; cup of carrier oil.
- If you do not have any carrier oil, you can make the diffuser oil by mixing 12 drops of essential oil with 1/4; cup of water and 1 tbsp of vodka. This mixture will evaporate more quickly than will the mixture with the carrier oil.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for