Toast is one of the most simple breakfast items you can make. Generally, toast is made in a toaster, however, if you don't have a toaster you can make it in a microwave. Microwaves are used to heat cool foods quickly with little hassle by applying heat from the microwave's heating element. The most important thing to remember when you're making toast in the microwave is not to overcook the bread. Overcooking the bread will spoil the toast.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Paper towels
Prepare your bread and determine how many slice you want to have.
Open the microwave door and apply a paper towel to the bottom of the microwave's turning plate.
Place your bread slices on the paper towel. Depending on your microwave, you will be able to put up to four pieces on the plate at a time. Keep about 1.3 cm (1/2 inch) between the slices so the entire surface area of the bread can be heated.
Press the 30 second button on the microwave or type 30 seconds into the keypad.
Press the "Start" button on the keypad.
Pull your toast from the microwave after the 30 seconds and apply more time if needed.
Apply any spreads as desired.
Tips and warnings
- When using multiple slices in the microwave, position the bread slices diagonally from each other.
- When heating one slice, position it in the centre of the microwave plate.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for