Wheat bags are a nice alternative to hot water bottles and heating pads. When a wheat bag is not in use, it can be left out without being an eyesore. Wheat bags are also flexible: Drape one over your neck and it will easily fit the contours. Enjoy the warmth of a wheat bag for aching muscles, or simply use it as a hand or foot warmer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup water
Place the wheat bag into the microwave oven and heat on high for one or two minutes. Oven wattages vary; check the temperature of the bag after one minute.
Set 1 cup of water inside the microwave while heating the bag if moist heat is desired. The wheat will absorb some moisture from the water.
Reduce the length of time by half when reheating a bag that is still warm.
Tips and warnings
- Do not overheat the bag. Overheating could cause injury to the user.
- Use caution when removing the bag from the microwave.
- Never leave a bag unattended while heating.
- Child under 3 years should not use a wheat bag.
- Do not use the wheat bag under the covers in bed. Trapping the heat could catch the bag on fire.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for